Friday, April 12, 2013

Can You Stuff a Cupcake With a Cupcake Plunger?






A cupcake plunger is the tool that you'll use to add filling to your delicious cupcake creations. Find out if you can stuff a cupcake with a cupcake plunger with help from a chef instructor in this free video clip.

Video Transcript

Hi, I'm Lorie Fangio with Around the Table. And I'm a food blogger and chef instructor. And today, I'm in the kitchen showing you how to stuff cupcakes with a cupcake plunger. It's going to be fun. Okay so lets get started. I'm in the kitchen, I've got my prepared cupcakes, I've got my filling already to go and I've got my little cupcake plunger. And this is kind of a neat thing. You can push it down into the cupcake and it pulls out a chunk in the center of the cupcake so you can stuff it with whatever kind of filling you like. And so I want to show you how it works. I'm just going to take my cupcake and just press it in like this and pull it up and then I just push the button to get the little piece of cake out. And so I'm just going to go ahead and plunge the rest of my cupcakes and then I'll show you how I can use the cupcake plunger to fill my cupcakes. Now when you're talking about filling cupcakes you can fill them with all kinds of things. I mean you could fill them with frosting if you wanted, whipped cream, today I'm using kind of a pudding. Often if I'm making chocolate cakes I often stuff them with chocolate ganache. Now I'm going to tell you, usually when I stuff my cupcakes I just use a zip top bag and I just put my filling in the zip top bag and I clip the edge and just pipe it right into the holes. But I'm going to go ahead and show you how to use your cupcake plunger to do this. So if you've got your filling you want to just spoon your filling into the center of the cupcake plunger and if we get this full we'll be able to plunge about two cupcakes with this amount of filling. So I'm just going to spoon it in like this and then I'm going to take my cupcake and just put it right back in the hole and press down a little bit and then go on to my next cupcake and do the same thing. And now the cupcakes are ready to be frosted. And when your guests bite into their cupcakes they'll have no idea there's a yummy filling on the inside. And again I'm Lorie Fangio and we've been in the kitchen stuffing cupcakes with cupcake plungers. Take some time to get your family around the dinner table, see you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment