Wednesday, July 3, 2013

How to Ice a Cupcake






To ice a cupcake, make sure it is cooled completely before you begin. Properly ice a cupcake with the advice of a professional pastry chef in this free video on cupcake icing.

Video Transcript

I'm Angie Jiles with Blue Note Bakery in Austin, Texas and this is how you ice a cupcake. The materials you'll need are a completely cooled cupcake, your choice of flavors, butter cream or icing of some kind, pastry bag and a round tip or a spatula. What I'm going to do is I'm going to come down on the side, right here on the edge of the cupcake and start squeezing and work my way around, working my way to the center. I stop squeezing, flick of the wrist and to ice it with a spatula this is what you do: step one, get your butter cream or your icing, step two, plop it on top and then just spread it around keeping it nice and piled on top, making it nice and smooth. I'm Angie Jiles with Blue Note Bakery in Austin, Texas and that's how you ice a cupcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment